Saturday, March 26, 2011

one of THOSE days

Yup, it's been one of those days for mommy today.
I have complained once before about altogether loathing hormones and the havoc they reek on my emotions. I do not wish to go into detail, because that would be such a downer, but I will say that I have never truly wanted to punch a wall until today. And that's the irritating part about hormones: there was no reason for me to feel this way today! It's my husband's birthday, He loves me, Noah's happy and healthy, we're a happy family and God has blessed us with more than I dare ask Him for. I think knowing the preposterous-ness of my glum blues is part of what makes me irritable.
  Therefore, with prayer and supplication, I hope to end this day on a high note, helping my husband have the best 26th birthday he can have.
       That's another thing, Stephan and his family must not have put much emphasis on birthdays. Or maybe he had a horrifying experience involving celebrating his birth in his childhood. Either way, Stephan does not enjoy calling any special attention to his birthday. I, on the other hand, was raised in the tradition of birthday bashes and bonanzas! We would devote weekends to celebrating the birthday boy or girl in any way, shape, or form that said birthday boy or girl wanted. So to have a husband that I love so much not want to do exciting things on his big day confuses me! But, to make his day as good as possible, I will honor his wishes and pray that he is blessed. I love you, Stephan.
    Now, to entertain Noah   

No comments:

Post a Comment