Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Compare and Contrast

I'm not sure if it's wrong to compare your babies as long as it's not in a negative context. I just like to wonder at the differences, or more so, the similarities of baby Noah and baby Witten. For example:
Fresh out Noah

Fresh out Witten
 Noah and Witten both came pretty quietly into this world. Once the nurses and doctors were done processing them, they both stayed quietly bundled with their little caps on. (Thank You, Father God, that both your blessings of life to me are sweet, mild-mannered boys)
Noah a few hours old

Witten a few hours old
 Another similarity the boys share is how stinkin' much I love them. I honestly feared that once Witten was here in the flesh, my love for Noah would be split in two and shared between two brothers, though one would probably get a bigger half than the other. I could not have been more incorrect. My love for Noah has stayed the same and a new, identical love for my baby has manifested itself in my heart for Witten. Somehow, God has taken my heart, a heart that was already full of love for my Savior, my husband and my son, and easily and painlessly made room for more love to fit in.
  So far, a week and two days into being a mother of two, the only notable differences in my sweet children are their appearances (even there, both look astonishingly like their father. Someday I might have a baby that looks a little like me...).   
  So again, as I have often ended my blog posts, I say Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment