Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can you see Him?

So Francis Chan has become one of my favorite authors.
I read his books and think to myself, "wow, this guy is so in love with his savior. He must be affecting thousands of people for Christ!" And then I think, "WHY NOT ME??"
Friends, in my first blog, I boasted of being a Christian. I write about God and his presence in my life often enough on this-here computer. But, if you met me in real life, could you see Jesus? Could you tell I have living inside of me a much higher power enabling me to live a God-centered, Jesus worshiping, sin-hating life?
Sometimes I can't even tell.
I'm not writing this to inspire a pity party for myself. I'm not trying to prove how pious I am by showing how humble I am. I am simply really concerned about the lack of the Holy Spirit's influence in my life. Even now, I'm focusing on myself instead of praising God for loving a stumbling saint like me.
So change of focus:
My God is SO big, SO strong and SO mighty, there is NOTHING my God cannot do. (clap-clap) Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts, praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!

No comments:

Post a Comment