Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resurrection day

Happy Easter, dear masses!
It is 6:50 on a beautiful Sunday evening. Yet it is not just any Sunday; it is the glorious holiday that is Easter! This morning, Stephan and I got especially dressy for church, (Stephan wore a tie!) worshiped our savior and king in joy and reverence, and then hunted for baskets at my parents' house. It was grand to see my brother and sister and to lunch with the whole family. After food, a few cars were washed and vacuumed and then everyone got tired and had to leave.
When I got home, I cozied up to my pillows in bed and finally finished that God-send of a parenting book that Erin let me borrow. If God so deems me worthy that my child might follow the parent directed feeding plan to a "t", then I will praise Him mightily all the nights of the rest of my life. According to the book, and friends and family members that have followed the PDF plan, baby starts sleeping through the night at 7-10 weeks. Please, God, let it be!!
Speaking of the little nutter-butter, Noah moves like a squirmy...well...something or another inside me. He has no more room for good, solid kicks and jabs and instead shifts around and pushes out. Poor kid. 50-or-so more days, little guy! Then you'll be free! Stephan is so excited to hold Noah. He wants to change diapers and assist with feeding and holding and such. I think those two will get along famously.
Now, I think I might go beat my dog. She has not stopped barking at nothing for about two hours. That's perfectly reasonable grounds for a solid scolding, if you ask me. Go see How to Train Your Dragon, everybody!! It was adorable!!

Christ the Lord has risen today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high! Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment