Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Almost there!

I have stated before how loathsome sickness is to me. Every part of being sick is deplorable. However, this last bought of diseased living for yours truly has brought to light in my head a truth that I've always kinda known, but never thought about.
  God allows people to get sick so that they will be really appreciative of being healthy. Of all the things in life I take for granted regularly, my health and the health of those I love is one of the most precious blessings that I neglect to praise God for. Sure, every once in a while I'll send up an obligatory shout-out when I'm running out of things to pray for and my prayer feels too short, but only when I'm in the midst of an illness or on the up-turn do I sincerely thank God for His grace and mercy in blessing me with life. I guess you can say it fits into the old saying, "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone."
  Bet yes, I am about, eeeeh, 70% and gradually improving. My blessed, sweet, small mother, whom I love most-est, has been here whenever she could be for the last two days to care for the boys and me. (Goes to show that you never stop being a mommy, I guess) Noah and Witten have contracted little runny noses, but by far not as bad as I've seen or can handle. The only sad note I can add is that I am afraid that the boys or myself might not be feeling up to partaking in any 4th of July activities tomorrow. (POO!) Nevertheless, I praise God. I'm alive! 
   Go and live today, my friends! Breathe deeply and run and hug and sing and stare and praise God while you're doing it, because it is because of Him that you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment