Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wow, Those are Some Heavy eyes

This morning started early for my family. Well, all except Witten. That kid's got it easy. The rest of us were up bright and early, as in before 6:00, because Noah wanted to, and I quote, "take nap in Mommy Daddy room". He wanted to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed.
  Now friends, I have written before on my stance on co-sleeping, especially this late in the game. I believe that, while sweet and adorable, allowing your infant to sleep in the same bed as you is hazardous to the baby's health most importantly, but also it's hazardous to my sleep. The few times I have tried to sleep with my baby in bed with me out of extreme laziness/exhaustion, I actually didn't sleep that well. My subconscious was far too honed in on every noise and movement my little baby made, thus prohibiting me from attaining a good REM cycle. And now that my little baby is a large toddler it hasn't gotten any easier. Instead of fearing for my baby's safety, I'm getting nudged, pushed, kicked, tickled, and sometimes licked by an uncooperative bed-fellow. Noah's a sneaky little liar. That's why I know that every time Noah wants to "nap" with mommy and daddy, that means that I will very soon have to face a new morning, whether I want to or not.
      Anyways
Today Noah, Witten and I will be revisiting the pool. Noah has become a semi-aquatic creature this summer. He can kick his way across a pool's shallow end and he loves to jump off the diving board. (I know, right? Scary.) Of course, he's safely bundled up in two different types of flotation devices during all of this. I'm still a proud momma, though. Witten like the pool a lot too. He will chill contently in his little floaty until I have to take him out because he's pruning.
  As for Daddy and the stand, business has been good. Stephan is figuring out every day new ways to tweak the business to as to insure it runs more efficiently. New customers arrive daily to check out our haute cuisine and I have yet to hear a bad or even "meh" review about the place. I have eaten there twice in the past two days. I promised myself I would stop going there that much. I can feel my waistline expanding just thinking about those delicious sausages and hot dogs.
  It's still crazy to think that we own a restaurant. I'll admit, it's been a bit tough on family time thus far, but soon every kink and bug will be worked out and Stephan wont have to be there from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. every day. Through it all, I praise God for what He is doing in our lives. Thank You, Lord! Thank You!

 Now go and live your dreams, readers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment