Monday, July 16, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

This past weekend has been a doozy. It has been great and rewarding and tiring and frustrating and I have pictures to show for it. So get ready for pictures.
 Firstly, I will speak of my sons.
             
 The rewards were great, the encouragement was aplenty, and we even read Big Boys Go Potty in our efforts to master the art of using the toilet instead of the diaper to do the stinky. After a week of lots of effort on mommy's part and little-to-no interest or effort on Noah's part (as well as several puddles and other messes on the floor), I have decided that Noah is not ready to take on the task just yet. With all big milestones in his short life thus far, when he was ready to do something, he did it. Rolling, crawling, walking; all of them happened on his schedule. (Usually after a few months of me thinking it would never happen. Silly Mommy.) I'm sure that, just like with walking, crawling, and rolling, it will suddenly click in his mind what he is supposed to do and he will just start doing it. (I'm thinking a little peer pressure might also play a role in this endeavor. We will see)
   Aren't they just adorable? The reason I posted this particular picture is because of Witten's nose. Look at it. It's orange. I'm not concerned or even curious about that fact because I have seen it before. Noah's nose did the exact same thing. 
 See? Also, notice if you please, how different Noah and Witten look at six-ish month of age. Witten really is starting to favor his mommy. (AH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HA!!)
    
                In other news
 Bum-buh-da-DAAAA! Ladies and Gentlemen, The Stand is open for business!
Look at how excited Noah is!
 After years of dreaming, months of working, and weeks of stressing, Stephan's brain child has come to life!
 We (and by "we" I mean Stephan) had a soft opening on Saturday for friends and family. It was sort of a test-run for Stephan and his employees as well as a preview for our soon-to-be loyal customers.
 It was very successful. The food was praised and so was the service.
Hard at work and still so stinkin' handsome
 Stephan was in his happy place. He was sweating like a dog as he hustled and bustled, hard at work, but I could see how happy he was.
 Did I already mention that the food was great? Sure, it was mostly family and friends eating that day, but I'm sure somebody would have been honest with us if something came out tasting yucky. Instead, the whole lot of our customers that day had nothing but positive, encouraging things to say.
Stephan's going to order more The Stand shirts, 'cause that was a pretty big seller as well. 
  Now, this very day, in about 25 minutes from right now, Stephan will be opening his door and drive way to the public. Nerves abound and prayers flow forth. Again, that's just from me. I'm sure Stephan is nervous, too, but he's handling everything like a boss. For lunch today, I am taking my brood and hitting up The Stand in Gresham. Y'all should totally stop by and try it out. 

"He is your praise and He is your God, who has done these great and awesome things for you which your eyes have seen." Deuteronomy 10:21

"Now therefore, our God, we thank You, and praise Your glorious name." 1 Chronicles 29:13 

No comments:

Post a Comment