Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Have I Not Commanded you be Strong and Courageous?

I did something today that I have wanted to do most of post-pubescent life, but have been too scared to even consider seriously. And now, this post is going to get kinda icky:
 You see, friends, I have a mole. I actually have several "beauty marks" that decorate my face and neck. But this one mole I'm referring to is a monster of a massive mole that has always (thank God) been hidden in my hairline. My mother/hairstylist and I un-affectionately call it "Moley". (Of all people, she has to put up with it the most because she does my hair.) Moley is the type of mole that is very raised and feel-able if, say, you're my husband who is sweetly playing with my hair. (Stephan hasn't touched my scalp since). Moley is gross. Moley is yucky. Moley is the bane of my existence. Moley is gone.
                      Hallelujah!
   Earlier this month, I scheduled an appointment with my dermatologist to get one of my cute little beauty marks checked out and possibly removed. When I went in today, the doctor took one look and said, "I can have that off in seconds". In my head, I'm thinking, "ask about the head-mole! ask about the head mole!" So, I asked her to look at it as well. She looked it over and said the same thing. This astounded me. I've always assumed that A) it would be a kind of complex procedure to remove that big 'ol sucker and B) that they would have to shave a portion of my head to do it, hence, the reasons for my fear of getting it looked at. Long story somewhat shorter, two shots and two minutes later, I walked out of there feeling like a new woman. With the naked eye, one would never be able to notice any difference, but I feel...clean? Purer? Something along those lines.  Now I get to wait two weeks to hear the results of the biopsy. Tonight, I think I'll ask Stephan to play with my hair. :)
   
      Yes I did just dedicate an entire blog post to a scalp-mole.

No comments:

Post a Comment