Saturday, October 23, 2010

deer!

I hereby dedicate this post of my blog to the Texas Rangers, may your swings be swift and true and may your homeruns be aplenty as you fly victoriously into the world series. I think I might cry

Last night was victorious, indeed. After leaving Noah in the loving arms of his Bebe, my husband and I headed out to the Randall's estate for our fall fellowship bonfire. There was a lovely turnout. I failed to get the memo for all wives to dress in sophisticated fall/riding attire, so I wore jeans and a t-shirt along with sneakers. I felt frumpy.
The fire was so hot, and for some reason, the stick to roast our hot dogs on were about two feet long so you had to just about hunch over the fire to cook your dinner. If I look sunburned today, it's not because of the sun, it's an actual burn. After hot dogs, we made DELICIOUS s'mores. After s'mores, we went for an epic hay ride. I'm allergic to hay, so the thrill of possibly causing harm to myself adds to the excitement. (not really. I just get itchy if I touch it for too long). After the hay ride, the Rangers were up 5-1 in the top of the 7th, and it was late, so we all said our goodbyes and headed home.
Back at mom and dad's, Stephan and I joined my father in watching the Rangers spank the Yankees all the way to the dramatic end; Feliz striking out A-Rod and sending the Texas Rangers into the World Series for the first time in the franchise's history. The celebration was glorious, and I was so happy when Josh Hamilton, who is married, apparently, and therefore cannot marry my sister, gave all the glory to God and Jesus Christ. all in all, a FANTASTIC night!
Now, Stephan is sweetly going to watch Noah as I crawl back in bed, for we got home at about 11:30 and momma's still sleepy.
  Good day to you, sports fans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment