Saturday, April 28, 2012

I dunno

I love my big Boogie Boy to pieces.
I love how big he's getting and how he's growing in so many ways.
I love how he says "thank you, Mommy" when I give him something he likes.
I love that he gave me a big 'ole kiss today after I asked him how much he loves mommy.
I love how much he looks like his daddy.
I love watching him play with his friends and be such a kind, considerate boy around others. (for a toddler, that is.)
I love him to pieces!
What I do not love is how he has made it a nightly habit to wake up sometime during the night to come into our bedroom. If he makes it to our bedside, he circles around to Stephan's side and asked to be let on board, at which time he will either make himself comfortable and go to sleep, or he will whine at daddy to get up and get him food or drink or play with him. Before this happens, I usually hear his approach and meet him in the hallway to usher him back into his bed, where I command him to go to sleep. After this, he will usually sleep until 7 or 8 the next morning.
  Now friends, I don't want to complain. I know that our life could be way worse and I do praise God for how obedient Noah is for the most part. It's because of how regular these night time sleep disruptions have become that I complain. For a long time, this would happen twice, maybe four times a week at the most. Now it really is an every night occurrence.
  I type all this to ask, do any mothers out there have any pointers on how to keep your toddler in his (or her) big kid bed all night long? I'm sure that Noah's not the only 2-year-old who does this on a semi-regular to regular basis. I was hoping that my consistency in returning him to his own bed would drive home the message, but it doesn't seem to be working. If you have any helpful hints or quick fixes, please leave it in a comment. I will thank you and love you.
   I would stay longer to type abut how much fun we had at friend Lauren's birthday party (Noah loved the slip-and-slide! I mean LOVED!) But Witten's crying and I must attend to him.
  Have a blessed weekend, readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment