Wednesday, July 6, 2011


Friends, I didn't deliver as I said I would.
This Fourth of July was a good one, if not super tiring. I took my camera, but took very few pictures. As in, two pictures.
Noah's thinking, "I'm not impressed"

Noah working on his breast stroke with Papa
The above pictures are from the family 4th of July party that is held annually at Uncle Billy and Aunt Terri's. This was Noah's second time to enjoy this party. Last time, he was two months old! Anyways, The family party was fun, though very very hot. After we left here, Noah, Stephan and I crashed hard and napped until 4:50-ish, before getting up and speeding through Noah's dinner so as to be at the Luhrs' house early, as we said we would.
   Woo! That night, we mingled and socialized with upwards of 45 people. If you included the children and babies, there were 50+ bodies in/around the Luhr's house that night! I realized something that night. Several things, actually:
   1.) Large socials such as the one we experienced Monday night are more enjoyable with either a younger, less mobile baby or an older child that can run free and entertain themselves without mommy having to keep an eye on him.
   2.) I really should have taken my anti-nausea meds.
   3.) I have some neato friends.
Long story short, the food was plentiful and delicious, though I didn't eat too much of it, and we mingled with old and new friends alike, but we left before 8 because Mommy was feeling icky and Noah needed to sleep something fierce. I really wish I could have taken pictures, though! Then you all could comprehend the quantity of people that were at this get together.
    Our enjoyable night ended when we got home. Noah fell asleep and stayed that way all night, but Stephan and I had to deal with a Great Pyrenees that was acting completely and annoyingly bizarre. Toby was freaking out because of the thunder and the fireworks and who knows what else. He wasn't happy unless he was right beside Stephan. He clawed chewed and even headbutted any door, gate, or couch we used to try to contain him. It was so very annoying.

  On a much cuter and happier note, Noah discovered the joys of intense exercising yesterday!
Working on is tri's
 Noah snuck into the garage while daddy was doing P90X. He was so very impressed, he decided to jump right on in and lift weights too.
"Daddy, why aren't these weights lifting?"
 He wouldn't give up. Not even when those 20 lbs weights didn't move an inch.
Eventually, I had to take him back inside. I assured him that, someday, he would be able to work out all he wanted and get big and strong like his daddy, but for now, he was going to stay my baby for just a little while longer.

   Enjoy your Wednesdays, friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of Noah and the weights are adorable. Too cute! See you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!