Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Prepare yourselves

Friends, I am a lover, not a fighter. As a woman, I struggle mightily with gossiping, but that's the closest I've ever gotten to expressing or exerting my opinion on a matter in any way. Now I realize that there are subject matters that have definite right and wrong aspects to them, Christianity being the predominant one, and that matters such as these can and should be argued to the ground. (Lovingly, of course.) However, there are many topics I see/hear/read about very often that people seem to think are appropriate for forcing onto everyone. These touchy topics are a good source of contention and division, even among families. That is why we choose not to discuss politics at the dinner table when visiting the Du Toits.
    That's why it frustrates me a tad to see often well-meaning friends post soundly one-sided opinions in their facebook status updates. You are now realizing that I am venting about facebook, and I'm sorry I didn't mention it sooner so that you who don't really care at all could stop reading sooner. But seriously! Mankind as a whole has never and will never agree completely unanimously on any viewpoint of any topic. There are some issues out there that, while there may be a more scrupulous and a more erroneous position to align yourself with, it is not necessary for the world to agree with your particular stance on the matter. Again, there are facts of life that are black and white and should be adhered to and advocated unapologetically. In those cases, I will not hesitate to voice my opinion. But If you're upset because, I dunno, you don't want horse meat to be used for food in the United States, fell free to express yourself, just please don't condemn those opposing you for either not caring or for disagreeing entirely. God will not bar your entrance to heaven because you liked eating 'exotic' cuisine.
   Okay, I have spent my frustrations. If you're reading this, I'm sorry for ironically judging those who judge others. I felt the need to speak my piece so that I can take a nap.

(As a important disclaimer, this little rant of mine was not aimed at anyone in specific. And because of it, I can understand why people might feel the need to speak strongly on any point in question. And now, I feel kinda redundant. : / )

     Peace on earth, goodwill to men!     

No comments:

Post a Comment