Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

Twas the night before the night before Christmas, and all in my head
Where busy thoughts and worries, the kind that I dread.
The space 'neath our tree was lacking in gifts.
The urgent need to buy more was giving me fits! 
For Bebe and Papa our gifts were prepared.
My brother and sister's gifts also were there
But for Stephan's family, I drew quite a blank,
And there wasn't much money for gifts in the bank.

To the store we would hurry, and there maybe find
A gift for Ouma and Oupa that would blow their minds!
With care we would select, for Werner and Paul,
Gifts not too expensive, and yet not too small.
For my sisters-in-law, I had a plan in place
to give them Christmas treats to put a smile on each face.
And lastly, but oh, most important of all;
gifts for Noah's cousins, children of Erin and Paul.

So really, I guess, there's not much left to buy.
I need to relax, refocus and try
To harness my worries and put them to rest
I'll leave this night up to God, He always knows best.
To all of my readers and friends I hold dear,
Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year!

1 comment: