Monday, March 22, 2010

The only thing we have to fear...

I was tempted to be afraid today. The government is large and threatening and the factions for and against this and that are growing more and more raucous. As I pondered the fate of this country and how these troubled, changing times will affect my future and the life of my child, I felt the first hints of fear and frustrations creep into my mind. Very quickly, God reminded me of several reassuring truths and promises He has given me. Trust in the Lord with all of your heart... For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord... The fear of the Lord is the beginning of all knowledge. That last one was random. I thought so too. Then I realized why God put that one in my head; the only thing God has ever told us to fear is Himself. No demons, no principalities, no rulers of this world, God has them in complete control. Nothing will happen to me or any person that belongs to Jesus without the loving God who saved us allowing it. All thing work together for the good of those who are called according to His purpose, so I won't be afraid.
Thank You, Holy and righteous God, for begin so very in control. Let me never forget your might and power. Let me rest secure in the shadow of Your wings. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment