Monday, April 1, 2013

Death in vain forbid HIm rise

Ours the cross, the grave, the skies! Hallelujah!
Yes, friends, we celebrated that most glorious holiday this past weekend. We sang praises that Jesus overcame death and that God, in His great love and mercy, made a way for sinners such as I to be reunited with Him. As my pastor, Phillip Dancy, said from the pulpit yesterday morning, "Man, I love Easter."
   But that's not all.
As we celebrated Christ's resurrection at my parents' house with egg hunting and sweet-eating (so many sweets!), my aunt, a physical therapist, saw Witten as he cruised around walls and furniture and, with a skill and efficiency that comes with years of practice, grabbed up my youngest porker, set him upon his feet, and sent him forward, at which time he walked five steps to my waiting arms.
   *ACK!*
My baby walked! Sure, he hasn't taken a step since, but now everyone knows he can! A day shy of 16 months, he finally did it. Now my efforts to encourage walking have been doubled. I'm not trying to force him to grow too fast, I am encouraging that stubborn baby to rise up and walk. 'cause I've seen him do it.
  It was a fun and festive weekend. I thank God that Noah overcame the horrible fever that had been tormenting him last week in time for us to Easter Suit up and enjoy church and family.
 
Witten thought he was too handsome.
 And the result of all that wonderful weekend was a joy that comes from a sound reminder of God's goodness and sovereignty, tummies full of waaaaaaay too much sugar, and a great night's sleep.
Witten has so much cheek, he can't close his widdle mouf!
 
 "For as by a man came death, by a man has come the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive." 1 Corinthians 15:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment