Wednesday, April 3, 2013

For real serious business

I have never been more willing to tell someone about my faith in Christ than I was at the Dr. office today. The kind lady I happen to talk to was a Christ follower as well because she immediately poured gratuitous amounts of encouragement and love in to my moment of fear. Thank You, God, for meeting me in my weakness.
I have a sizable cyst on one of my ovaries. The doctor assured me that this is fairly common and easy to handle and certainly not life threatening. My mother and a dear, new friend of mine have both had ovarian cysts, so I have people to call when questions arise. All in all, aside from about three minutes of cathartic weeping in my car immediately after the fact, I'm in a good place. God is so good to me. He is in control, and for that I thank Him profusely. I'll keep y'all updated in case anything unwanted does go down, but again, I'm not worried. There are people enduring a lot more painful and frightening hardships than a rather routine cyst, so I will count my blessings and praise God in everything.
  Now if only I could be more fearless with my faith-sharing when I'm not shaken up by startling news...
     

No comments:

Post a Comment