Monday, November 19, 2012

Shake it Skinny

Search Youtube for "Tiffany Rothe" and you shall see what I'm about to do.

Yesterday, my family and I drove out to the farm to see Oupa and Ouma. Paul and Erin were there with Ashton and Julia. Sias, that wonderful man that he is, made ribs. Not just ribs, my friends, but riiiiiiibs!

Oh no, we've reached the "baby mine" scene in Dumbo again. Noah is trying to make me cry, it seems, requesting this movie. Mothers, love your precious babies and don't let others tear them down with mean words and cruel actions!! Gosh, this movie is so deep!

Anyways, the Du Toit clan, minus Werner, Jerushah, and their little newbie, feasted on incredible food, watched stinking football, and explored the farm. After the unbeatable meal, while Paul and Stephan were watching a nail-biter of a Cowboys' game, I went outside to see Oupa wrestling with three very happy toddlers. It was a cheerful sight indeed. That old farmer held his own for over an hour as a four year old and two two-year olds tackled him, climbed on him, jumped on him, and rode him like a horsey. I got a video of a little bit of it and I'll try to remember to get it on here eventually.
  It was a sweet time, even after all the wrestling was done and the soreness was already starting to set into Oupa's muscles and bones, because as we watched the children play, I would hear Marlene say something along the lines of, "It's like seeing my sons as babies again!" Sias would sporadically bemoan his wish to be 30 again so as to better keep up with his active grand kids. Most wonderful of all was how much love was surrounding the whole event: Sias and Marlene loving their grandchildren, their grandchildren loving their Ouma and Oupa, me loving those ribs, and Stephan and Paul loving the Cowboys after they managed to pull off a win. . . it was wonderful.
    Now, to work out. Then, to look forward with great anticipation to Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for God's graciousness. I look at my life and I see so much to be thankful for. My husband loves me, my sons are healthy, my friends are wonderful, my family is fantastic, and, best of all, my hope and future are secure in Jesus. That's just a snippet of what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.
 
I hope you all are blessed this Thanksgiving, dear readers!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment