Saturday, November 10, 2012

Precious boys

Noah and Witten have a new cousin!
 Big baby Bear was born yesterday morning and he is precious! He is also the current record holder of the Du Toit family, as he came into this world at an impressive 10 lbs 5 oz.
 Stephan was hogging him when we went to meet him last night, and it was heart warming to see Werner and Jerushah so very in love with their baby. When I showed Noah pictures of his new cousin, he seemed minutely interested. Babies aren't really his thing. But I'll tell you what is his thing as of yesterday evening: his new shoes!
 My saintly mother took us shopping at Kohls last night. This was the first time I've let Noah pick out his own shoes. I showed him two pairs of tennis shoes and asked him if he liked them. He said no. Then Bebe saw the Cars shoes with Mater and Lightening McQueen on them and showed them to Noah. His response was an awe-filled "yeeeeeees". And then, we discovered that they light up. Nothing has ever rocked my son's world so hard than this flashing pair of shoes.
He wanted them on as soon as we got home and wore them until bedtime. He pouted mightily when he couldn't wear them to sleep, but was appeased when we allowed him to hold them in his arms. (I went in later to pull them out of his bed.) Needless to say, Noah has been wearing them all day so far. (His first outfit of the day was those shoes and his pj top)

  Friends, readers, this weather is too glorious to waste it being indoors. Noah and I are going to put his new sneakers to good use and then eat lunch. Congratulations to Werner and Jerushah on the birth of sweet baby Bear! I look forward to watching him grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment