Friday, September 14, 2012

Me and Moses are like this

You can't see it, but when I typed that post title, I had my fingers crossed super tight.
And I say that Moses and I are of the same mind because he was totally thinking what I am thinking right this very hour. It's scary when I find my thoughts, questions, concerns, etc... written out in the Bible. Scary and amazing!
  There I was, heart heavy burdened and mind in a chaotic state of unrest, attempting to let God speak to me through His Word and my daily lesson from BSF. (Yep, I'm doing that again. Praise God, hallelujah!)  There were/are several matters of weighty importance tumbling around in my head, but the crux of the issue, I have deduced, is that I want my life to not be wasted. I want to live a life that is truly pleasing and glorifying to God. Not a life I think I could maybe be proud of, but a life that will get me a hearty "well done, my good and faithful servant" from God when I meet Him face to face. I want God to be proud of me.
   In the midst of this, though I am doing a study on Genesis, I am sent by my notes to read Psalm 90. All of that specific psalm is a terrific read, per usual, but I was shaken and awestruck by the passage I read in verses 12, 15-16, and 17. Don't worry, I'll quote them for you:
*ahem*
 12 "Teach us to number our days aright,
   That we may gain a heart of wisdom.

 15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
     for as many years as we have seen trouble.
 16 May Your deeds be shown to your servants,
      Your splendor to their children.
 17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us;
      establish the work of out hands for us-
      yes, establish the works of our hands."

I turned that Psalm into a prayer as I wrapped up my Bible study. 
  Lord, Teach me to number my days. Help me to realize the brevity of this earthly life and to live out every day in accordance to Your will for my life. May the actions I take and the things I do be Your Holy Spirit acting and doing through me. Yes, Lord, let Your favor rest upon me, and establish the works of my hands for me. Show me what You would have me do with this life You have given me and help me to do it as best as I can. Thank You, Lord, for giving me Your Word. It is very helpful. 
    Amen.

I would like to dedicate this post to my Grandma. Thank you for inspiring me to live a Godly life. I really am going to miss you, but not for ever. Thank you for being a great grandma. I love you a whole stinking bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment