Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wow

Today is day two of Noah sleeping in his big boy bed.
I have done the research.I have read the blogs and heard from friends and talked with Stephan about how this was going to go down. I was anticipating, especially after our very first attempt at nap time in his new room, a long, strenuous week or so of putting Noah back in his bed and sternly telling him to go "night-night" several times. (That's how naptime, day 1 went.).
  It is amazing to me, friends, how wrong I am. I could very well be jinxing things, and maybe Noah was just exceptionally tired, but for naptime, day 2, I put Noah in bed, gave him his blanket and pasi's (yes, I gave up on weaning him off pasi's. One huge transition at a time, I figure) and sang him his nap time songs, then left the room. He didn't fuss once. I watched him through a tiny crack in the doorway for a few minutes. He fiddled with his hand pasi, watched the fan turn, and stayed completely still. When I checked on him a few minutes later, he was snuggled up to his caterpillar pillow, fast asleep. 
           
 My celebratory dances were almost interrupted by a cat funeral when Charlie tried to check in on Noah and proceeded to make a loud "crack" noise when the sticky door hinge creaked open. Praise God, Noah stayed sound asleep. I had to close the door after that.  I'm mildly afraid that this might be a  one-time thing and that tonight or tomorrow we'll have to redo the crying/spanking approach to settling down for a nap, but for now, I'm super hopeful and very thankful that God would bless me with such a wonderful boy!
   As of right now, Hes' almost been asleep for two hours. I feared that he'd never do that again. Praise God! Praise God, praise God, praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment