Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pictores

I'm not sure if that's even a word. In any language.

   So, friends, some fun pictures from here recently.
Daddy and Noah just chillin' in the deck chairs.

Noah cruising around with his baby love

Ever since he was a tiny thing, Noah has loved to snuggle on Daddy's chest. Still loves to. Not so much with mommy...
 And finally, a string of pictures that made me laugh heartily when I took them. The back story: I heard Noah giggling maniacally in the hallway, so I went to investigate. I found him like this:

Poor Charlie. He took it very well, considering Noah's stinkin' heavy and wouldn't get off of him for a full 3 minutes. Charlie's expression in the next picture kinda says it all.
Ugh. Why won't he do this with the dog?
And finally, an end note about pictures and picture taking. As a pregnant lady, I have put on weight. I'm not gonna lie, it's a bit more than the weight I put on with Noah. Therefore, when I was preparing for our family portrait yesterday afternoon, I practiced smiling in the mirror in ways that negated the roundness of my face instead of enhancing it. Friends, it did me no good. Needless to say, I looked very large indeed in my family's picture. And pale, too. Stephan looked tall, dark, and handsome; Noah looked cute and cuddly, and I looked wildly overweight and pasty. (The lighting was HORRIBLE and they cropped it all wrong! yeah, that's what it was). If I can stand to, I'll post a copy of this icky pic-y when we get it. And no, we did not buy ANY copies of it. We just get one lovely, complimentary 8*10 picture to hang/hide in our home. I felt so upset about looking so large that I immediately made a batch of chocolate no-bake cookies to smother the agony. (God was gracious and made it so that they didn't turn out well. Hopefully, I won't eat as many. I can't make any promises.)
    So, what are my plans for post pregnancy? Healthy, ardent weight loss. So there. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word that picture of him on top of the cat cracks me up! I hate church directory pictures! Yuck! Last time ours was taken just after MM was born...blah. I was definitely rockin the fat face.

    ReplyDelete