Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ayudame, por favor!

Faithful readers, mainly you crafty types out there, I would like some ideas for a project of mine, so please put on your thinking caps and help out one of your less gifted companions!
 This is a lovie blanket I made for Witten Allen Du Toit:
 As you can see, it's pretty basic. I used left over fleece from Noah's Bam Bam costume to make it and since it's so rough-looking, I hand stitched the green "W" in the bottom corner to make it look, I dunno, rustic? I would say "all done" and be content with my work, but I can't help but think that there could be more done to it to make it look cuter. So, people like Meredith Hyde and Ashley Johnson and Heather Marshall, any suggestions? And please bear in mind that I am still rather new to the sewing-for-pleasure community, so I'm not the best at it. Simple ideas would be much much much appreciated!
   And now; a picture of Noah looking so very much like his daddy:
It's so cool to wear Daddy's shoes!
 And then, a picture of what we believed to be Noah attempting a head stand?
   Out of no where, Noah just up and puts his head on the ground and stays that way for about 9 minutes. At one point, the little dare-devil even raised his arms in the air so that he was balancing on just his feet and head! I think it was because Aunt Melissa was in town, so he felt the need to impress her. Aunt Melissa also taught Noah some cool dance moves and new words! She's such a hip aunt.

    Well, friends, God has blessed us with a glorious, wet day and good health, so Noah and I are going to rejoice and be glad in it. Even though he fell and gave himself a big ole goose egg on his head just a minute ago. I hope that all of you fantastic readers have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Undo your stitching, and place folded ribbon into it and make it a 'taggie'. After ribbon is in place, re-sew it together. I made one for Lauren while I was pregnant with her......super easy.

    ReplyDelete