Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sorry, Sweet Boy!

I believe that as a mother, there is very little in this life more frustrating than trying your hardest not to infect your baby with a sickness that you yourself have, but then they get it anyways. Sorry, Squirt. I promise I really didn't mean to!
  For a child with the same illness I just endured, he's doing fantastic, though. Yes, last night was pretty rough, poor boy, but right now, he's really putting me to shame. Except for the nose-drippings and occasional sneezes and coughs, he's acting perfectly healthy. I certainly didn't act like that when I was down. I hope this doesn't mean that he's going to get worse.
 
  On to brighter things!

I found a memory card in our old camera that we have been letting Noah use as a cell phone. Out of curiosity, I stuck it in the 'ole computer to see if there was anything on there. My stars, there was indeed! Pictures dating all the way back to our rent house on Magnolia and Melrose! (Only two or so, but there is one video!) There were pictures from our 2nd anniversary and a Halloween party in which most of the women there were pregnant, but only half were telling people yet.  These pictures made me smile super big. They (and many more which, I'm afraid, truly are lost forever) were uploaded on our old laptop that crapped out completely about two years ago. I thought I'd never see them again. Well, friends, take a peek into the pre-baby lives of the Du Toit!
We played video games!

We took these unflattering, up close pictures of ourselves!

Aubrey dressed like this all the time!

We actually dressed up for Halloween!

Kevin had anger issues.

We would take pictures of ourselves doing things like riding around town!









  
 
         
    We were so young and in love!
  Well, I hope that ya'll had fun tripping along down memory lane with me. I wish I had more to show you, but the rest are pretty much pictures Stephan and I took of ourselves. In all seriousness, it's wonderful to look back and remember the fun times we've had together, but at the same time, it's amazing to see how much we've matured as individuals and a couple. Not that we were entirely immature back then, but I can see now that with all the different stages and events that we have faced together in our marriage, Stephan and I have become more experienced, and, yes, more mature. I know for a fact that both of us are still fun-loving and joyful people, only now we have new and heavy, albeit precious and wonderful, responsibilities to shoulder.
   I thank God every day for the man He gave me to marry. I thank God that that guy loves me and thinks I'm purdy. I thank God for all the experiences we've shared thus far. And I ask God to continue to lead us as we face a future full of potential, changes, excitement, joy, hardships, griefs, and growth. God has been faithful, He will be again, His loving compassion knows no end. All I have need of, His hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment