Friday, October 12, 2012

Way too fast

Witten had a rough night last night. He coughed so hard for so long that he made himself throw up. He continued to throw up three or four more times before his poor body allowed him some peace at 1:00 a.m., at which point he passed out cold on my chest. It was a scary experience for me and Stephan. We had never experienced vomiting like that before. Noah has tossed cookies twice in his life thus far, and those two incidents were spread very far apart. But the good news is that God carried us through, Witten is doing fine, and I am exhausted. Well, that last one is less good news and more hard truth.
   Regardless of  how the night went last night, when I finally heaved myself out of my warm, soft, sweet bed and prayed for God's grace as I prepared to face the day, I went into Witten's room to wake him up only to find him standing in his crib. He was waiting for me with a big smile and a cool new trick. I have watched Witten pull himself up on other objects maybe twice before, but this was the first case if him pulling himself to his feet in his crib. I was proud a punch.
   I do believe Witten is all better, if not a little hoarse from his rough night last night. Big brother Noah is digging to China in the sandbox as I type. Mommy's cleaning the house today, but finding it hard to summon the energy to do a thorough, hard-core cleaning job. (The lazy side of me that is too tired to try is attempting to convince my responsible side that deep-cleaning can wait. We're about to witness the closing arguments and then the jury may be out for a while on this one.)
   Friends, however your day started this morning, take the time to look around you and realize how blessed you are. Drown out that evil little voice inside that urges you to focus on the things that you don't have, or could have more of, or the things that could be better with praise to a God who gave you a new day to live.


Philippians 4:11-12
"Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need"

 
 Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Two big reasons why I praise God

No comments:

Post a Comment