Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall?

Where are you, fall? It's late October and I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I was expecting a little bit more from you, fall. Yes, I realize you have a special excuse for your lack of true autumn chill, being that this is Texas and all, but seriously, shape up! I want sweaters and boots! I want fires and apple cider! I want to be able to sleep in my footie pj's and not sweat like a sinner in church.
best Christmas present last year
 But, as always, I have no true reason to whine and grumble. This weather is still lovely and God has allowed me to live in it. And better yet, He loves me! I'll never understand why, but the God of the universe loves a speck like me! If that doesn't cause one to burst forth in joyous praise, I don't know what will.

 "and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment