Tuesday, July 20, 2010

neat, nifty necessary needle nose

i should be compiling a list with which to go grocery shopping, but I have decided to take a moment to update the ol' blog while my baby boy is a-nappin'.

cat litter, milk, iron supplements, V8, toilet paper, uhhh...i think there's something else...

as I said, Noah's taking his first nap of the day. During these times, I use the freedom I have to clean the house and get myself ready for the day. sometimes, I forgo the whole "get myself ready" part. If it's unnecessary, that is. Today, however, I'm feeling a hint of overwhelmed-ness. I believe I feel as such because, yesterday, I noticed a nasty build-up of icky in the bathroom and I realized that I have not properly scrubbed those accursed, tiny rooms in a decent while. At the time, I was mere moments away from falling happily into my soft, warm bed and snuggling up next to my handsome, loving husband, so I forced myself not to crack out the bleach and scrub brush then and there. (It wasn't hard to do).
Of course, Now that I have the time to do things like scrub the bathrooms or go grocery shopping (boo!), all I want to do is hop back in bed and do like Noah: sleep like a baby. (ba-dum, tsh!!) But, my friends, Colette M. Du Toit is no slacker! Well, she's not always a slacker! So after I finish this here update of my life in general, I shall go take that load of laundry out of the dryer and start a load of baby clothes, clean the small mountain of dishes in the sink by hand (dish washer's broken), scrub the toilets and sinks, sweep the halls and the stairs, clean the chimney (Cinderella, Cinderella, night and day it's Cinderella...) and then prepare for an outing to Super 1. I can only hope Noah stays asleep long enough for me to complete most of my to do list.
Well, my faithful readers, I am off. Leave me love and I might update more often with such entertaining updates that it will blow your MINDS!

LIFE! I almost forgot life cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment