Tuesday, March 19, 2013

You Can Go Ahead and Pat me on the Back Now

Readers, have you ever had especially productive days? Days that make you a little bit impressed with your own effort and the results of that special effort?
 Today is one of those kind of days for me.
Witten is sickly, poor baby, so we are staying home today. While Noah has been in and out of the house all morning (it's so cool that Noah can take himself into the back yard and play all on his own now), Witten has either been sleeping or keeping mommy company as I have dedicated my day to cleaning out closets. And by cleaning, friends, I mean cleaning. I should have thought to take pictures before the boys went down for their naps, because the before and afters of their closets are stunning! Especially Witten's closet, which has always been a crazy mess hiding behind purposefully closed doors. I pulled out and organized everything before vacuuming the floor and replacing the clutter that was there with carefully arranged and weeded out toys. I'll just post a few pictures later, 'cause my words aren't doing the cleanliness justice.
    Noah's closet is a similar story, but his room is still pretty cluttered looking due to the over-sized chair that is temporarily sitting in his room, taking up about a good 2/8ths of his floor space. Stephan said he's move it out today, then I'll really get that room shining bright.
  And yes, mommy and daddy's closets are also impressively straightened and neat. Since our house is going back on the market this week, my goal has been to de-clutter and make all our cute little spaces look as big and roomy as possible. So far, so good. Also, Stephan started beautifying our master bathroom yesterday and got just about halfway done. It's impressive what motivation will do to a person, we're awesome!
  On a rather humorous side note, Stephan and I have recently realized that, with the completion of our hallway bathroom, every single room in our house is a different color. We have 10 different colors on our walls in here. I think it looks fine, but it is kinda the opposite of the "neutral" look that every realtor on the planet suggests if you're trying to sell your house.    
  As I said, pictures to come. And if anyone is interested in buying a super-wonderful house, give me a holla. 
Be blessed, readers!

- ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~Later that same day-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Noah's amazing, technicolor dream room

Witten's peaceful ocean-blue room


After 4 years, our hallway is completely painted

My humble attempt at decorating our modest bedroom.

This is clearly the most neutral room in out house
Duh-dah! Our new bathroom! And Witten! I couldn't get a better image of the whole thing, but it's beautiful, trust me.


The newest remodel, our master bathroom.

I've been waiting for this remodel for years.
 Of course, I do not have before pictures. Because that would make sense, and I'm a senseless person when it comes to things like this. I will say this, though, once again, Stephan Du Toit has majorly impressed me with his craftsmanship. Those last two pictures: all done in one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment